Summer provides you with a great opportunity to tidy up the trees in the garden, especially if the weather turns out to be good. Chainsaws aren’t a necessity in every garden, but they are useful for certain jobs such as branch/tree cutting. If you have many reasons to use a chainsaw, then this post will be a good read should you decide to purchase one. If you just need it for a one off job over the bank holiday then it might be worth considering renting one. Whatever you want it for, here are a few pointers to help you find the right one.
These are ideal for more heavy duty use. They are cordless and so they are completely mobile. Petrol chainsaws are generally more powerful than electric chainsaws and they offer a range of bar lengths. The thing to be aware of is that they may be quite heavy and very noisy. Go for one with anti-vibration taken into consideration, as this will minimise fatigue, which can be caused by the vibration of the appliance.
These appliances are easy to start, and they are ideal for smaller tasks. They are usually lightweight, and so easier to handle. Electric chainsaws are good for use both indoors and outdoors. They are more economical than petrol chainsaws as they don’t use any fuel. A great reason to opt for an electric chainsaw is that they are quieter than petrol chainsaws. Most saws require a cord but some battery powered units are available.
- Light tasks are much more easily accomplished with a smaller unit. Only use a bigger unit for the larger tasks.
- Opt for a powerful saw right from the start
- Make sure the air filter system is one that won’t clog with sawdust
- Make sure you can get chainsaw spare parts and accessories for the saw
Remember, safety is important when operating a chainsaw:
- Always read and keep the manual from the manufacturer.
- Make sure that you are wearing the right, heavy duty safety equipment to protect yourself. Avoid loose fitted clothing.
- If you opt for an electric chainsaw, make sure that you keep the extension cord away from the blade.
- Only operate a chainsaw if someone else is around to assist if needs be.
- Allow for a safe drop zone when pruning trees
- The chain brake will allow you to stop the chain if kickback occurs
If you choose a McCulloch chainsaw then you will be sure to get genuine McCulloch spares and accessories here at BuySpares.