Our favourites so far include the following:
A great take on the surprisingly harmonious marriage of chilli and chocolate, the “Choc Hotolate” submitted by Vince:
- 3 bananas
- 6 soft fresh dates
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and diced
- Half a small chilli pepper
- The juice of one lime
- Two dessert spoonfuls of powdered cocoa (or better raw cacao powder)
- Dash of fresh flaxseed or hempseed oil
- 6-8 cubes of ice1 pint of filtered water
- Zizz and enjoy!
“Sox’s Yoghurt Delight” submitted by Socrates has a distinctly Greek influence:
- 1 banana
- 6-8 ripe strawberries
- 1 small cup of Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Tablespoon of runny honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 ice cubes
Sox Says: “IT’S THE BUSINESS! TRY IT!”
We’ve been waiting for one of these! A Green Smoothie recipe submitted by Paul:
- 1/3 large pack spinach
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Slice of fresh ginger
- Pumpkin seeds (sprouted for 1-2 days)
- 1 large comic pear
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cucumber
- 150 ml water
This Banana and Peanut Butter smoothie submitted by Sarah is already dividing opinions!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 400ml milk
- 150g of vanilla or banana yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of clear honey
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Then blitz away for nutty banana-ness!
Sarah says “If you want some decoration, top with cut up strawberries, glace lemon and orange rind curls and a sprinkling of chocolate powder”
Anyone for Dessert? Try the ‘Magic Lemon Meringue’ submitted by Violette:
3 meringue nests crushed, along with a tablespoon of roasted coconut and one of crushed almonds, added to lemon curd yogurt
We’ve also received more than a few recipes of the more ‘weird and wonderful’ variety, including alcoholic smoothies, a recipe containing cough medicine and an Egg, Chips and Beans smoothie. But just because they’re “different” doesn’t mean they’ll be discounted!
If you’d like the chance to win a Kenwood Smoothie Maker, simply click here and submit your favourite smoothie recipe*.
*this competition has since ended, but don’t forget to keep an eye out for our future competitions.