The first moment there’s nice weather, the BBQ is lit and we all get out into the garden. And with summer almost here, now is the time to make sure you’re prepared for an unbeatable BBQ by trying some of the Kenwood Chef recipes below.
Unbeatable Beef Burgers:
Long gone are the days of thin, burnt to “in an inch of their lives” cheap burgers from your local supermarket, which have to be covered in ketchup to make them edible. Bring forward, your unbeatable beef burgers which require only a few simple ingredients, as listed below.
- 675g of braising steak – cut into long strips
- 1 tbsp chopped mixed fresh herbs
- Juice & grated peel from half a lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
If you want to enhance your beef burgers further and show off your culinary skills, consider adding some red onion, chilli or chunks of stilton cheese. Once you’ve got your ingredients to hand, you can begin making your burgers. For this you’ll need the food mincer with the coarse screen attached, and the K-Beater.
- Attach the food mincer to your Kenwood Chef and mince the braising steak.
- Add the herbs, lemon juice and grated peel, along with a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together, on minimum speed, using the K-Beater.
- Divide the mixture into burger shapes, making sure to use floured hands, before brushing the burgers with oil and then cooking.
Having spent the time making your burgers, you don’t want to ruin them with a shop bought tomato ketchup. Instead spruce them up with your own homemade sauce, using the freshest ingredients and blitzing them together at home with the help of your Kenwood Chef, its purée and sieve attachment and blender.
The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 10 cherry tomatoes (plus their vine)
- Olive oil
- 8 Red Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp red wine
- Half tablespoon Agar
- Pinch of Xanthan powder
- Cook the tomatoes plus their vines in a saucepan with a splash of olive oil, a pinch of salt and the pepper corns.
- As the tomatoes begin to soften, add the paprika, sugar, balsamic vinegar, Worcester sauce, mustard seeds and red wine vinegar.
- Cook for 5 minutes so the sauce can thicken.
- Attach the purée and sieve attachment, with the fine screen, to your Kenwood Chef and strain the mixture. Keep the solids and place the liquid to one side.
- Put the solids back into the saucepan, add the red wine and a splash of vinegar before cooking for 5 minutes.
- Strain the solids into the liquid which you’d set aside earlier, then add the agar and xanthan.
- Bring the mixture back to the boil, decant and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, pour the mixture into the blender, attach this to your Kenwood chef and blend on a high speed until the sauce is creamy. Once done, store in the fridge until needed.
With the BBQ cooling down, continue to treat your taste buds with a homemade strawberry ice-cream. To make your strawberry ice-cream you’ll need:
- 450ml milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 175g caster sugar
- 450g strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 450ml double cream
- Heat the milk in the saucepan until it is almost boiling, and whilst this is going on whisk the egg yolks and sugar in your Kenwood Chef until they are light and thick. Gradually mix in the milk, with the balloon whisk, on minimum speed.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook on a low heat, making sure to stir continuously until thickened. Do not let the mixture boil. Once thickened, leave to cool.
- Place the food processing attachment on your Kenwood Chef and place half the strawberries into it, along with the lemon juice, then puree them. Chop the remaining strawberries and place them to one side.
- Pour your cooled mixture, the strawberry puree and the cream into your ice cream maker with the Kenwood Chef frozen bowl, and place this into position on the Kenwood Chef, switching it to minimum speed. Leave this to churn until it looks like freshly whipped cream.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the mixture and churn for a couple of minutes, before placing it into a plastic container and freezing until required.
All these recipes and more are available via the Kenwoodworld.com website, whilst all Kenwood Chef attachments and accessories can be found via the BuySpares website, helping you create a memorable BBQ with great home-cooked food.