Steam cleaning is suitable for any home, including those with pets and young children as it relies on the power and heat of steam, rather than cleaning chemicals. What’s more, using steam to clean will also enable you to effectively remove stubborn dirt in areas which other cleaning methods cannot reach.
To help you spring clean your home with steam, we’ve outlined some of the steam cleaning appliances we recommend.
When it comes to cleaning the floors throughout your home, for a deep clean a vacuum, mop and bucket will no longer suffice. Instead, it’s recommended to utilise the benefits of steam cleaning by turning to a steam mop.
There’s a range of steam mops available, each of which brings its own benefits. Three we recommend are:
- Morphy Richards 15 in 1 Steam Mop.The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 includes a micro-pulse vibration function which agitates stubborn dirt, whilst its digital steam control panel enables you to vary the steam on offer during the cleaning process.This particular steam mop can be used for more than cleaning the floor; it’s also ideal for washing upholstery which may have become stained and cleaning windows. What’s more, during the summer months, it can also be used to wash your barbeque.
- Bissell Steam Mop.The Bissell Steam Mop is perfect for cleaning hard floors throughout your home, with its triangular head allowing access to the tightest of spaces. This also ensures the mop delivers steam wherever it’s needed, to ensure a perfect clean each time it’s used.In addition to its triangular head, the Bissell Steam Mop incorporates a static steam manifold, allowing the mop head to rotate around it to guarantee that the powerful steam is always directed straight to the floor.
- Morphy Richards Multi-Floors Steam Mop.Whether you’re looking to clean tiled, laminate or carpeted flooring, the Morphy Richard Multi-Floors Steam Mop will make the perfect companion to your cleaning arsenal. With steam running continuously whilst the mop is in use, there’s no need to pump – making steam cleaning with this particular model quicker and easier.
If you’re looking to clean more than your flooring with steam, then consider including a steam cleaner into your cleaning toolkit. Such an appliance will not only enable you to remove the surface layer of dirt across a range of surfaces but it’ll also allow you to provide a much deeper clean.
Some of the steam cleaners recommended include:
- Bissell Steam Shot Handheld.The Bissell Steam Shot Handheld, with its steam on demand trigger is perfect for cleaning those hard to reach areas throughout your home.Complete with a range of accessories including two circular brushes, a grout brush, window squeegee, extension hose, fabric steamer and angle concentrated tool whatever area of the home you’re looking to steam clean, the Bissell Steam Shot Handheld can help.
- Morphy Richards 9 in 1 Steam Cleaner.As a lightweight steam cleaner which heats up in 30 seconds, the Morphy Richards 9 in 1 steam cleaner enables you to clean large areas of the home quickly and effectively.From removing dirt from a range of flooring surfaces, through to washing stubborn stains from upholstery and limescale / mould from taps, any cleaning you’re looking to do is possible with the Morphy Richards 9 in 1 and the accessories it comes with.
- Karcher SC1020 Steam Cleaner.Offering both upright and handheld modes, the Karcher SC1020 steam cleaner can be used across a range of surfaces in the home, including tiles, taps and upholstery. With its steam flow regulation on the handle and detail nozzle, the Karcher SC1020 powerfully tackles dirt, grease and grime with minimum effort and fuss.
Whilst the majority of household surfaces can benefit from steam cleaning with one of the cleaners highlighted above, we would always recommend paying attention to the material you’re cleaning and think about how it’ll react to direct water and heat. If you’re unsure test it on a small area.