If you are a regular reader of our blog, then you know that we love to provide lots of hints and tips for your home and garden. Here are a collection of quirky little tips to make some of your everyday tasks easier.
- Dust pans are not just for sweeping dirt into – If a container doesn’t fit in your sink, place a dustpan with a hollow handle to fill it.
- When painting, place a rubber band around your paint can to wipe off any excess paint. This will prevent paint getting around the lid.
- It’s a nightmare trying to get keys onto your key ring. But here’s a solution. Your fingernails will thank you if you use a staple remover to do the job.
- Place a wooden spoon across boiling water in a saucepan. This actually prevents the the build-up of heat in the centre of the pot and on the bottom of the pot by absorbing part of the heat. This prevents the water from boiling over.
- If your washing machine leaking water from the door, replace the door seal. This will save you from having to fork out for a repair.
Stay tuned for our next post, which continues with more random and useful tips to make your life run more smoothly. Don’t forget to leave us a comment if you try any of these out!