Cleaning the car, kitchen floor and patio are chores which few of us rarely enjoy. Yet they’re also tasks which need to be carried out if we want to ensure our home and garden are looking clean and dirt free.
Fortunately, none of these tasks need to consume hours of our time nor result in excessive amounts of elbow grease being put in – particularly if you have a pressure washer.
Benefits of using a pressure washer
When it comes to cleaning your home and garden, a pressure washer can offer a range of benefits, making them the ideal cleaning partner. These include:
Using a pressure washer instead of other cleaning products means you can refresh and rejuvenate paths, patios and decking at a much lower cost. This is due to not having to rely on expensive cleaning products to achieve the desired cleanliness.
According to Karcher.com, using a Karcher pressure washer can save up to 3,100 litres of water per hour compared to cleaning with a hosepipe. It’s also worth noting, it’s possible to purchase an accessory allowing you to use your Karcher with a water butt – helping you to save money and recycle.
Easy to use
Whether you’re cleaning your car, kitchen floor, patio or your guttering, pressure washers are easy to use and their range of attachments make it possible to reach even the tightest of spaces to achieve a thorough clean you can be proud of.
How to select a pressure washer
Before buying a pressure washer, you’ll first need to decide what you’ll be using it for. Is it to clean your car, bring a new lease of life to your patio, make the cleaning of your kitchen floor easier or for a multitude of cleaning jobs? Once you’ve settled on why you want a pressure washer, you’ll be able to consider which model is right for you.
Some of the things you’ll need to consider when selecting your pressure washer include the PSI of the appliance (this is likely to range between 1,350 and 4,900), whether it offers hot or cold water, and the price. In addition, you’ll also need to consider how well the pressure washer moves, how comfortable it is to use, its water capacity and whether it’s noisy during operation.
How to use a pressure washer
When it comes to using your pressure washer, there are a few things which you should and shouldn’t do to ensure you get the most out of your appliance, keep it working to its full potential and remain safe. These include:
- Hold the jet firmly, you will experience a kickback when you pull the trigger but by holding the jet firmly you can prevent any accidents occurring.
- Release the pressure before disconnecting any attachments.
- Keep family and pets out the way of the jet stream as the pressure of the water can cause injury.
- Ensure electrical sockets are covered, and use an RCD with the appliance – we don’t need to tell you, electricity and water do not mix.
- Use any liquid other than water and detergent with the appliance. Using other liquids can result in it becoming faulty or accidents occurring.
- Let children use the appliance. The power of the water along with the kickback experienced when pulling the trigger can result in accidents occurring.
For information on common accessories for your pressure washer to help you get the best cleaning experience, take a look at out blog on pressure washer essentials to provide a perfect clean. You can also find plenty of spare parts and accessories to keep your pressure washer working to its best on the BuySpares website.