Winter – a time when as the rain pours families sit around the table enjoying hearty home cooked meals. To ensure your family are able to enjoy such dishes this winter, it’s important to keep your kitchen appliances working and the right kitchen accessories to hand.
Before you can begin cooking gourmet delights for your family; you need to make sure that you have a fully functional cooker.
Three of the most common faults which you’re likely to find with your cooker are:
- The cooker isn’t getting hot – if your cooker isn’t getting hot there are a few common components which you should check.The first is the oven temperature indicator, if this is lit than the fault it likely to lie with either an element or thermal cut out.To check these parts use a multimetre to check for resistance, and look for signs of damage. Should faults be spotted, replace the part.
- Heat keeps escaping from the cooker – the main reason for heat escaping from your oven is because wear and tear has taken its toll on the door seal. Replacing a door seal on your cooker is an easy and cheap fault to fix.
- A hob ring isn’t working – the most common fault you’ll find with your hob. The reason is usually associated with a fault with the ring open circuit or selector switch.
Next to having a fully functional cooker, it’s important to make sure you have the correct bakeware to hand. That said, come times of celebrations when you’re catering for more people or cooking more dishes, there’s a good chance you’ll find yourself short certain bakeware.
If you’ve found yourself in this situation, worry not as you’ll find everything you need via the BuySpares website.
Having the right saucepans and baking trays to hand is only part cooking those dishes your family have grown to know and love. It’s also important to make sure that you have the right accessories to aid your cooking.
Some accessories we recommend include
- Tin opener – whether you’re looking to open a tin of beans, sweet-corn or mushy peas to accompany a meal; or a tin of chick peas to put into a chilli, your tin opener will be an invaluable tool in the kitchen. In-fact, you may be surprised by how often you use it.
- Knife Block & Knives – potentially used as often as the tin opener, are the knives in your kitchen. From the bread and cheese knives, through to the carving and paring knives, all play an important role in helping you prepare your family favourites.
- Kitchen Scales – when it comes to cooking, it isn’t just about chopping, grating and opening tins. It’s also about following recipes – and when doing this you’ll need to measure out various ingredients.To help ensure that you’re measuring the correct amount, you need kitchen scales which you can trust.
- Cooking Timer – after taking the time to prepare various components to your main meal, it’s important to make sure they’re all ready on time. One of the best ways to ensure this is to use a cooking timer.
Keeping your kitchen appliances working and your collection of kitchen accessories extensive will enable you to continue to create whatever dish you desire, come rain or shine!