The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is fast approaching, and what better way to celebrate her 60 year reign than with a party, which I’m sure most of us have planned to do. Hopefully we will be able to go ahead with our garden parties if the weather carries on being as great as it has been. Some of us will even participate in a good old fashioned street party. Britain will be covered in bunting and cheerful decorations. Patriotic red white and blue are the must have colours so get creative with your food and drink! Here are a few ideas to get you on your way to your Jubilee celebrations….
- Make a Union jack cake! Use a plain cake recipe and then spruce it up with some ready to roll icing
- You could try creating mini red, white and blue cupcakes. Cake toppers like jelly beans would be great for this
- Red and blue jelly is ideal for kids at the party
- Plenty of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- Serve your guests some English tea with fresh milk and sugar to complement sandwiches
Whichever delicious treats you decide on, make sure that your fridge and freezer are in top working order to store all your party food and drink as it’s just typical that in the summertime, plenty of us have fridges and freezers that break down. Don’t wait until your appliance breaks down though- follow some simple maintenance tips from our advice centre to keep it up and running. We sell everything from thermostats (if your fridge is too warm or cold), to door seals.
Don’t forget to take advantage of our next day delivery service and invest in a wine rack for your fridge to keep your favourite tipple cool.